The Fund aims to support smaller organisations across the UK working with older people hardest hit by the virus.
This round has two areas of work it is prioritising:
1. Older people living in particularly complex and challenging situations
Support for organisations providing targeted, practical services for older people who are:
- managing additional difficulties in their lives and have no network of family, friends or community to call on
- have a disability or long-term health condition
- caring for a dependant adult with learning disabilities or dementia or be facing other circumstances that make it harder to manage at this challenging time.
2. Older people in danger of being out of sight and out of mind
Organisations connecting with older people who are very isolated and most at risk of missing out on the help available from government or charities that serve a very wide client group. They may be part of an isolated, neglected or very poor community, be facing stigma or discrimination or have needs which make it hard for them to access services, perhaps because they are homeless, live with HIV or are hidden from view in an abusive relationship.
Who can apply
- Your organisation must be registered as a charity
- You must have at least one paid member of staff (part-time is fine) and an annual income of £1 million or less (averaged across the last three financial years).
- You must be already working with older people in one or both priority areas above – older people living in particularly complex and challenging situations and older people in danger of being out of sight and out of mind.
- you must know what you want to do – or do better – to help make an immediate difference to their lives over the next six months.
Organisations that do not specialise in work with older people are welcome to apply – but you must already be providing services for older people as part of your work and be able to descibe what you have achieved.
- Grants of between £5,000 and £15,000 for up to six months are available.
- The money will be made as unrestricted as possible, so that you can use it flexibly to support older people who meet the Fund’s criteria if their needs and circumstances change.
Other funding rounds are planned during the year, but you can only apply once.
For more information and to apply please visit the Fund website
Deadline: 4 June 2020 (9am)