This is a one-off COVID-19 Food Charities Grant Fund to help front-line food aid charities continue their work in providing food to vulnerable people during the current coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis.
Grants of between £30,000 and £100,000 per organisation is available to front-line food charities who:
- are unable to meet an increased demand for food from vulnerable individuals or supporting charities
- have the capacity to distribute all of the food purchased under this grant by 9 August 2020
The funding is to be used to provide for people:
- who are unable to afford food
- who have moved into temporary accommodation as a result of COVID-19, for example those who have left home due to domestic abuse, newly released prisoners, or the newly homeless
To justify the amount you are asking for, you are required to provide details on:
- your capacity to distribute a minimum of 30% of the weekly average of food (by weight) for each week of the grant period
- how many beneficiaries have sought support through your organisation on average per week, for the last four months
- your organisation’s fixed operating costs
- free reserves held
- how many months’ operating costs would this cover in the current situation
- to what extent you need to draw on reserves during the next 6 months
- income projections, as affected by COVID-19.
- cash flow projections, as affected by COVID-19
For more information please visit the DEFRA website
Deadline: 6 July 2020 (12 noon).