CAF has launched this rapid response Fund to support smaller charitable organisations affected by the impact of Covid-19 and to help deal with the national crisis.
Grants of up to £10,000 are available to UK organisations with charitable activities to support day to day activities in the current health emergency or your Covid-19 emergency response activities.
The Funder aims to make payments to selected organisations within 14 days of application.
Who can apply?
- Organisations with a charitable purpose and charitable activities, with income of £1million or less in their last financial year.
- Organisations registered with Companies House or the Public Mutuals Register, as a charitable or not-for-profit entity, eg Community Interest Companies, Companies Limited by Guarantee and others
- Unregistered community groups / organisations and social enterprises.
What you can apply for
- You can apply for unrestricted funding for core costs, staffing, volunteer costs, supplies and equipment, communications or other critical charitable areas.
- You must be able to describe how an emergency grant will improve the situation for your organisation and community.
- Please make only one application as only one grant is possible for any organisation. Multiple applications will tend to slow the process down.
Priority will be given to:
- Charities, and other organisations, whose established charitable activities are at risk of being severely reduced to the detriment of vulnerable groups
- Organisations that are having to deliver core services in fundamentally different or unusual ways in order to respond to the crisis and still reach their beneficiaries
- Organisations that are deeply embedded with communities and have established networks to deliver their charitable activities
- Organisations experiencing current cashflow problems, rather than concerns that future income will be reduced.
- It is possible that not all grants will be made at the full amount, so you are requested to apply for an amount that will make a suitable difference to the size and activities of your organisation.
- There will be need to make further checks if your organisation is not a registered charity and this may take slightly longer for this category of organisations.
- The Fund is intended as an emergency fund to enable your charitable activities to continue at the moment in whatever way is needed. It is not designed to replace other lost income in the longer term.
- Some activities are ineligible for this Fund so do check the list under this section before applying
Applying to the Fund?
You can help the Funder make swift decisions and payments by observing the following points:
- Brief, succinct and detailed answers. Short sentences and bullet points are useful.
- Only apply for funds that your organisation’s charitable activities can continue at the moment, and you have a realistic plan in place to achieve this.
- Only apply for funds if last year’s financial accounts prove that your turnover was less than £1million, and those accounts are publicly available.
- Do not apply if you are an individual, or a group of individuals which has come together to support community activities but without an organisational constitution.
- Ensure that the bank details you upload are clear and contain the information required.
- Ensure your contact details are correctly entered.
Please visit the CAF website for more information.